If you love your cookies soft and creamy, then you are going to LOVE these cookies. Whether you eat them fresh out of the oven or save them for later, these scrumptious chocolatey bites of goodness remain so soft and yummy.
- 8 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar (white or raw will work)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Swany White Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Microwave the butter long enough to just barely melt it 30-40 seconds.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the vanilla and the egg and beat on low speed until just incorporated – 10-15 seconds. Remember, if you beat the egg for too long, the cookies will be stiff.
- Next, incorporate the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until crumbles form.
- Use your hands to press the crumbles together into a dough. It should form one large ball.
- Add the chocolate chips and blend together with your hands.
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls (or if you want some HUGE cookies, 9 Ince does the trick) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry and just barely golden. DO NOT OVERBAKE. This is essential for keeping the cookies soft. Even if they look like they’re not done yet, remove them from the oven. They will be very blonde.
- Let them cool on the pan for a good 30 minutes (If you can resist). They will collapse and turn into wonderfully dense and soft cookies.