In Minnesota, wild rice is plentiful and it adds such an earthy and nutty flavor to so many things…even cookies.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup Swany White Flour
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1 package Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate (10 ounces)
- 1 cup wild rice (cracked, cooked)
- 8 ounces Dried Berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a saucepan, brown one stick of butter on low heat until golden brown in color.
- Add the browned butter, additional stick of butter, both sugars and vanilla to stand mixer and combine.
- Once combined add eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl combine flour and baking soda.
- Then add the flour mixture to butter mixture mixing into a firm cookie dough.
- In a food processor, chop cooked wild rice until finely chopped.
- Then add chocolate, rice and berries to the dough mixture.
- Chill dough 10 minutes and then scoop into balls and bake for 14 minutes.