When we think of holiday desserts, brownies is not what typically would come to mind. However, these Gingerbread brownies take brownies to a whole new level and they make a delicious holiday treat!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Swany White flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp pistachio kernels
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a small pot and then add the chocolate. Allow it melt on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk eggs and sugar util they are white and fluffy.
- Mix the flour, spices, baking soda and vanilla sugar in a separate bowl. Then, sift it in to the sugar-mix alternately with the melted chocolate and butter.
- Blend well, use a spatula to make sure you get everything. Sometimes there’s a little unblended mix left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Put some baking paper into a baking pan measuring about 9×13. Add the mix. Roughly chop the pistachios and sprinkle them over the cake, before cooking it for 20 minutes.
- Once it’s done, let it cool in the pan. When it’s cold, melt the white chocolate in the micro or over a waterbath, and sprinkle it over the cake. It won’t set straight away, it takes longer to stiffen/dry than dark chocolate.
- Cut the brownies into triangles and decorate!