- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups Swany White flour
- 2 cups Swany White cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly coat a 13×9″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients: flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, buttermilk, and butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture and mix into dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Batter will be thick pour into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake, rotating dish halfway through, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 20–25 minutes.
- Let cornbread cool before serving
**Cornbread can be baked 2 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.