The only thing better on a cold and rainy day than the smell of fresh cookies is the taste! You can warm up with these tasty super soft oatmeal cookies on any rainy day!
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup Swany White Flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups Swany White Oatmeal
**You can mix it up by adding 1-2 cups of raisins, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, or chopped nuts (or any combination of these).**
- In a large bowl, beat butter for about 30 seconds. Then add white and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy, scraping the sides when needed.
- Continue beating as you add each egg in, one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Make sure it is well blended.
- Gradually combine the dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix completely.
- Next, stir in oats and any other add-ins until completely combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 375F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Make 2 tablespoon sized balls and drop onto parchment paper, keeping cookies at least 2″ apart.
- Bake at 375F for 10-12 or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Once cookies have cooled, enjoy!!