We all know that buying pasta is convenient, but making your own pasta is super easy and nothing really compares to the taste of fresh pasta especially when it is paired with the delicious flavors of summer like fresh tomatoes and basil. And when you add rye, you not only get a healthy kick, you also get a wonderful earthy flavor.
- 1 Swany White rye flour
- ½ cup Swany White flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large organic egg (beaten)
- ¼ cup filtered water
- To prepare the pasta, mix the flours with salt in a big bowl.
- Make a well in the middle, add the beaten egg and water and whisk to combine.
- Knead mixture for 10 minutes until you achieve an elastic dough.
- Set aside to rest for 30 minutes then roll the pasta dough as thin as possible with a rolling pin on a well-floured surface ( you can use a pasta machine as well).
- Use a sharp knife to cut fettuccine strips, dusting them with rye flour so they don’t stick.
- Simmer in salted water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in