You may not think to use rye in pancakes, but it gives pancakes a wonderful nutty flavor that you will love! Compliment it with any fruit compote or just good old maple syrup and you will have one delicious breakfast.
- 3/4 cup Swany White rye flour
- 3/4 cup Swany White flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: rye flour, flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Then whisk in egg and milk until just combined.
- On a hot griddle, pour 1/4 cup batter and wait for bubbles to form and, flip carefully with a spatula.
- Let cook until just cooked through, another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with warm syrup.