There are plenty of varieties of this delicious cookies, and you can alter this basic recipe to make your favorite combination like butter pecan, caramel pecan, orange pecan, or maple pecan cookies.
Whatever you decide, enjoy a delicious treat today in honor of National Pecan Cookie Day!
- 1 c Unsalted butter, Softened
- 2/3 c Dark Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 c Swany White Flour
- ½ t salt
- 1 ½ c pecans, halved
- Cream together the butter, egg, and brown sugar in a bowl until they are delightfully blended.
- Add flour and salt while mixing until thoroughly blended, and then refrigerate for an hour.
- While cooling the cookie batter, start preheating your oven to 375 F.
- Once the cookie dough has finished cooling, make into 1 inch balls of dough, and place them on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Take a glass and dip the bottom in flour, and use it to flatten the balls.
- Once it’s down, press a pecan into the top of the dough.
- Then bake for 10-12 minutes until they’re a light golden brown, let cool, and serve!