Rainy fall days call for tasty warm comfort foods like a good harvest soup. Nothing goes better with soup then fresh baked bread for dipping. These easy to make wild rice biscuits are perfect for dipping, or just slathering with butter and eating plain.
- 4 cups Swany White Wild Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut shortening in with dry ingredients until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- Add milk and combine to a soft dough.
- Turn lightly onto a floured board and knead slightly.
- Roll dough out to 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes whole, or use a biscuit cutter (or glass) to cut into circles.