It is National Cupcake Day, and what better way to celebrate than with some delicious fresh cupcakes! Here is a recipe we think you will love! Bake and enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cup Swany White Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ tablespoons grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon raisins, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon walnuts, chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted lightly to remove any lumps
- 1 lb packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- In a large bowl, mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth. A hand mix3er will work best for this.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla until it is nice and creamy.
For the cupcakes:
- Prepare a cupcake pan with liners and preheat your over to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk butter until fluffy, a stand mixer works best for this.
- Slowly add the sugar to your butter and cream until the butter is fairly light in color.
- Add eggs, one at a time, being sure that each egg is mixed completely before adding the next.
- Pour milk in while mixing.
- Then add your Swany White Flour and baking powder and mix until smooth, being careful to not over-mix.
- Add in the carrots, raisins, cinnamon and chopped walnuts.
- Scoop into cupcake liners, about 1/3 full.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes then remove from the oven and cool.
- Frost and decorate however you like!