September is here, fall is in the air, and in Minnesota, it is time for all of our favorite comfort foods. This twist on traditional pancakes is perfect on cool autumn mornings…
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk (the older the better)
- 2 cups Swany White Wild Rice Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (rounded if buttermilk is old)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5/8 cup (10 tablespoons) vegetable oil or melted butter
Beat the eggs, sugar, and oil (or butter) together. Then add flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and buttermilk; blend well.
Cook on an uncreased griddle , turning each pancake when bubbles form and cooking the second side for an additional minute.
For added texture and flavor, you can add cooked wild rice as desired.