These cool fall days call for delicious comfort food to keep us feeling warm and cozy. With the incredible apple harvest, this easy apple crisp will definitely do the trick. It is easy to make and even makes a great after school snack. We love it best served warm, and with a little bit of vanilla ice cream.
- 6 of your favorite apples, peeled and chopped or sliced
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Swany White Oatmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Butter an 8×8 baking dish, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice and place in the prepared baking dish.
- In another mixing bowl create topping by combining brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter . Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the mixture, using a slight downward twisting motion, until mixture resembled pea-sized crumbs.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Enjoy warm with a scoop of ice cream for a delicious treat!